Kickstart is spun out of Globe Telecom to fund early-stage innovation
Investment Strategy v.1
Corporate Incubator with US$2.5 million seed fund
Nine seed-stage startups in the Philippines
Investment Strategy v.2
Corporate Venture Capital firm with US$50 million growth fund
25 investments in three countries --
early-stage (pre-A to Series A) to growth-stage (Series B to C) digital tech startups
The ACTIVE Fund
Kickstart chosen as Fund Manager for Ayala conglomerate's US$150 million
corporate innovation fund
40+ investments and counting from around the world…
WHO WE ARE
We are a Corporate Venture Capital firm betting on visionary founders in the early- to growth-stages of company formation and expansion.
We break down barriers. Our 10+ person team, armed with the resources of fund partners Globe Telecom and the Ayala group, are seeking out and funding promising tech startups --- innovative founders and technologies that can positively transform businesses, industries, and communities. Through our portfolio of investments, we want to make a positive impact in people’s lives by helping founders make their dreams come true, thereby co-creating a future we truly believe in.
We build bridges. At Kickstart, capital infusion goes hand-in-hand with portfolio development for our startups to have a better shot at success, and startup ecosystem-building to accelerate investing momentum and innovation outcomes. We continuously explore partnerships and seize opportunities to create disproportionate value for our startups by reaching into our collective business networks and relationships so that our founders can enjoy the following:
- Access to Mentors and Talent: A pool of subject matter experts complemented by learning sessions and fellowships to enhance team expertise, tools, and execution; a network of talent to fast-track company formation and growth;
- Access to Facilities and Resources: Kickstart co-working and community spaces for their own use and marketing/community initiatives; relevant resources available from partner companies;
- Access to Market: Business development i.e. partnerships and commercial deals through relevant introductions across multiple industries, industry associations, and communities, and by tapping into our network of business units and affiliates in the Globe, Ayala, and Singtel groups.
WHO WE INVEST IN
We invest in early-stage to growth-stage tech startups that clearly articulate the following:
- Total Addressable Market: Are you solving a big, meaningful problem? Can you clearly describe your customers’ pain points, and the size of the opportunity?
- Product and Technology: Do you offer a compelling and credible solution? Is it scalable, with a sustainable competitive advantage?
- Business Model: Do you have a viable plan, with a clear source of differentiation, and a strategy for expansion and growth moving forward?
- Traction: Do you have a product that’s in the market with paying users, with some track record of revenue growth and upward trending operating metrics?
- Founders and Team: Are the founders and team competent and committed? Do you have a special insight, a unique and competitive approach, proven execution ability, and the grit to persist and win?
WHERE WE INVEST
We will invest in tech startups anywhere in the world that fit into our key innovation themes. As of June 2019, we’ve made 40 investments in tech startups, supporting 86 founders from the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, the United States, Canada, and Israel.